We’re Hiring! ICLE is Looking for a Communications Manager
The International Center for Law and Economics (ICLE) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan policy research center. Working with a roster of more than 50 academic affiliates and research centers from around the globe, ICLE develops and disseminates academic, scholarly, and popular output to build the intellectual foundation for rigorous, economically grounded policy.
About the Role
ICLE seeks an energetic and strategic full-time Communications Manager, preferably located in the Eastern Time Zone, to promote ICLE research and scholars and help craft the center’s communications strategy. Our team offers a highly competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a flexible schedule.
Working at the direction of the Editor-in-Chief, the Communications Manager will be responsible for executing and evolving ICLE’s communications agenda. This mid-career position requires an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to take ownership of projects, and a vision for the communications output of our organization. It requires a demonstrated ability to engage with the media; pitch content to publications; pitch scholars to appear as guests on television, radio, and podcast programs; manage social media channels; and to distill dense material into more accessible and readily communicable content. It also means that you have excellent networking skills and a strong ability to build relationships with reporters and editors.
Discrete tasks will include
- Media relations, including pitching our content to publishers
- Drafting press releases
- Improving ICLE’s social media presence
- Maintaining our website
- Media contact list management
- Tracking media placements and measuring impact
- Developing outreach materials
- Supporting the execution of virtual and in-person events
Skills and qualifications
- Three years of communications experience—be it with campaigns, in a legislator’s office, a policy-oriented non-profit or in the media—will likely be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
- A strong preference for candidates who have experience working with legal, economic, and/or policy matters.
- Though we are mostly remote, ICLE is a small, close-knit team. We’re looking for a colleague with grit and determination, who is also positive, flexible, and team-oriented.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Resume – Please, limit to one page
- Cover letter – Should detail your interest in the position and in ICLE’s mission Again, no more than one page
- Writing sample – Short (no more than 5 page) written material in which you communicate a complex concept succinctly—such as a press release, blog post or op-ed—is preferred
- Your social media handles – Most of us at ICLE are active on social media, so we would like to get to know your online persona
- Your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.