CopyRIGHT: Can Free Marketeers Agree On Copyright Reform?
A panel of free marketeers with diverse views on copyright will explore the debate among conservatives and libertarians about the purpose of copyright, how it interacts with other rights, and a range of other questions. How is copyright like real property, and how do they differ? Will technological change force copyright to change, too? We will address these questions and discuss areas of consensus and disagreement regarding how and whether the Copyright Act should be amended to address challenges involving orphan works, fair use, piracy, intermediary liability, free speech and rogue foreign websites — among others.
- Jerry Brito , Senior Research Fellow, Mercatus Center at George Mason University
- Larry Downes , author of The Laws of Disruption
- Geoffrey Manne , Lecturer in Law, Lewis & Clark Law School & Executive Director, ICLE
- Adam Mossoff , Professor of Law, George Mason University School of Law
- Ryan Radia , Associate Director of Technology Studies, Competitive Enterprise Institute